Grandstream Announces Portable WiFi IP Phone
Much-anticipated WP820 offers dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth and HD audio to enable smooth voice mobility and roaming throughout any WiFi environment
Boston, MA, USA, September 27, 2018 – Grandstream, connecting the world with award winning SIP unified communication solutions since 2002, today announced a major new addition to their IP phone portfolio. The WP820 offers a portable WiFi IP phone with dual-band WiFi support, built-in Bluetooth, and sophisticated antenna design to allow users to seamlessly roam throughout any WiFi environment. With 7.5-hour talk time on a single battery charge, as well as many advanced features such as push-to-talk, WiFi Multimedia and video streaming, the WP820 offers a powerful WiFi voice solution with an extraordinary user experience.
“As the world becomes increasingly mobile, businesses need tools that allow their workforce to be productive anywhere that has a WiFi connection,” said David Li, CEO of Grandstream. “Our new and sought-after WP820 allows businesses to offer their employees a truly cutting-edge voice mobility solution throughout any WiFi environment.”
The WP820 was designed to suit a variety of enterprise and vertical market applications as it allows users to make and receive calls from anywhere that has WiFi coverage within an office, store, warehouse, hospital, construction site and more. It sports a number of industry-leading innovations including:
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi with advanced antenna design to allow fast and reliable roaming
- Bluetooth 4.2 for syncing headsets and mobile devices
- HD voice, dual microphone design, advanced AEC (Acoustic Echo Cancellation) and Noise Shield Technology to block out background noise
- Powerful hardware platform with a 4-core high performance processor running Android™ 7.0
- Rechargeable 1500mAh Li-ion battery with 7.5-hour talk time and 150-hour standby time
- 2.4” 240x320 color LCD with 3 programmable soft keys
- Support 2 SIP accounts, 2 lines, and various popular voice codecs including wideband Opus, G.722, G.711, G.729A/B, iLBC, etc.
- Supports WMM (WiFi Multimedia) and smart QoS to ensure the highest possible quality of latency-sensitive voice/video communications against unpredictable network jitter
- Built-in accelerometer for gesture control, movement-based notifications and alarms
- Configurable button for push-to-talk, panic call, and other functions
- Built-in proximity sensor, vibration motor, micro USB port, and 3.5mm headset jack
The WP820 can be paired with Grandstream's other WiFi solutions to build comprehensive WiFi voice & video networks, including the GWN series of WiFi APs and Routers, the GXP1760W WiFi Desktop IP phone, GXV series of IP Video Phones for Android™, GAC2500 Enterprise Conference Phone and Grandstream Wave softphone app. When combined with Grandstream’s GDS3710 IP Video Door System, the WP820 supports real-time display of video streaming, 2-way full duplex audio intercom, and door control to offer a wireless facility access solution.
Click here to visit the WP820 product page, which includes product datasheets and links to technical resources, guides and firmware.
Price and Availability
The WP820 will be generally available during the first half of October through Grandstream’s worldwide distribution channels at a list price of $219USD.
About Grandstream Networks
Grandstream Networks, Inc. has been connecting the world since 2002 with SIP Unified Communications products and solutions that allow businesses to be more productive than ever before. Our award-winning solutions serve the small and medium business and enterprises markets and have been recognized throughout the world for their quality, reliability and innovation. Grandstream solutions lower communication costs, increase security protection and enhance productivity. Their open standard SIP-based products offer broad interoperability throughout the industry, along with unrivaled features and flexibility.
*Android is a Registered Trademark of Google, Inc.