How can I create and save a backup configuration from GVC3200/GVC3202?
On the GVC3200/GVC3202 LCD menu, please go to Applications->Backup, and press Red button to create a new backup.
Note that backup can be changed from internal to SD card or USB by accessing Backup settings.
How can I create XML configuration file for provisioning the DP715 Base station?
Besides using the config tool and config template to generate the config file, users could also provision the DP715 using XML format file. Users will need to create an XML file cfgxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml (where xxxxxxxxxxxx is the MAC address of the phone) using the P values in the config template. For the XML example configuration file, please refer to the document in the link below: Provisioning guide
How can I create XML configuration file for provisioning the GXP2130/GXP2140/GXP2160?
Besides using the config tool and config template to generate the config file, users could also provision the GXP2130/GXP2140/GXP2160 using XML format file. Users will need to create an XML file cfgxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml (where xxxxxxxxxxxx is the MAC address of the phone) using the P values in the config template. For the XML example configuration file, please refer to the document in this link
How can I create XML configuration file for provisioning the GXP21xx/14xx/110x?
Besides using the config tool and config template to generate the config file, users could also provision the GXP21xx/14xx/110x using XML format file. Users will need to create an XML file cfgxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml (where xxxxxxxxxxxx is the MAC address of the phone) using the P values in the config template. For the XML example configuration file, please refer to the document in the link below: Click here for more details.
How can I create XML configuration file to provision DP750 base station?
How can I customize the wall paper on the GXP2200?
On the idle screen, tap and hold on an empty spot to activate the "Add to Home screen" dialog. Tap on "Wallpapers" to select wall paper from Gallery, Live wallpapers or built-in Wallpapers in the GXP2200. Besides this, users could also open a picture file with Gallery and then in the Gallery, tap on softkey "Menu"->"More"->"Set as" to crop and set the picture as the wall paper.
How can I disable hook/flash?
On the Advanced Settings page, there is a field On-Hook Threshold. One on the selections for this field is 'Hook/Flash OFF', this option will disable hook/flash on the phone connected to the ATA. To switch to a second channel, press FLASH button on the phone, instead of doing hook/flash. Note: This feature is not available on older hardware revision models.
How can I enable and disable the English/Chinese input method from GXP2200 onscreen keyboard?
On the GXP2200, when the keyboard is activated, tap and press on the input field for 2 to 4 seconds and a "Select input method" dialog will show. Users can then select English or Chinese keyboard.
How can I enable the DND option on my Handset?
User may enable the DND feature by dialing the star code *78. To disable the DND user should dial the star code *79.
How can I enable/disable DND option on my handset?
How can I enable/disable the DND option on GVC3200/GVC3202?
DND can be enabled by pressing Mute button from the remote control, or clicking on DND from Web Interface (on the upper right).
How can I export and check the SIP message trace file of Grandstream Wave?
Go to Settings->Debug->tap on SIP Message Trace to start to record the SIP messages. The exporting path is: /sdcard/GSWave/sip_message/. Users can go to the specified directory to look for the SIP messages. The SIP messages file needs to be opened as a .txt file.
How can I export contacts from UCM61xx/6510 to GXV3240/3275 via Universal Phonebook Editor?
To export contacts from UCM61xx/6510 to GXV3240/3275, please follow the steps below:
1. Log in UCM61xx/6510 web UI.
2. Go to UCM61xx/6510 web UI->Settings->LDAP Server, by default, users will see a phonebook under "LDAP Phonebook" that has all existing extensions on the UCM61xx/6510 PBX. Users could also add or import their phonebook to UCM61xx/6510 in this web page.
3. Under "LDAP Phonebook", select the phonebook (s) you would like to export, and click on "Export Selected Phonebook". Select the file type as "VCF" and click on "Save". Users will download and save the phonebook on their local PC.
4. On the PC, run Universal Phonebook Editor (users could download UPE from www.grandstream.com/support/tools).
5. Import the exported phonebook file in step 3 from local PC to Universal Phonebook Editor. The file encoding needs to be "UTF-8". If the phonebook entry only contains Account Number without Last Name/First Name, the Last Name field in Universal Phonebook Editor will be filled with Account Number; If the phonebook entry contains Last Name/First Name, the Last Name/First Name field in Universal Phonebook Editor will be filled accordingly.)
6. Export the phonebook file from universal Phonebook Editor.
7. Users could now provision the phonebook in step 6 into GXV3240/3275 via HTTP/TFTP downloading. Or, start the HTTPD service in Universal Phonebook Editor to provision the phonebook into GXV3240/3275. For more provisioning details, users could go to www.grandstream.com/support/tools to check the Universal Phonebook Editor User Guide.
How can I export my Grandstream Wave configuration file?
Go to Settings->Advanced Settings->tap on Export Configuration to export the configuration file. The exporting path is: /sdcard/GSWave/config. When users tap on this option, a notification “Exported successfully!” will show up, and users can go to the specified directory to look for the configuration file. The configuration file contains the configured P values.
How can I factory reset my DP720 handset?
How can I factory reset my DP750 base station?
How can I Factory Reset my GVC3200/GVC3202?
Users can factory reset GVC3200/GVC3202 either from Web interface or LCD menu:
· From Web interface: Maintenance -> Upgrade, and scroll down and click on Reset Button
· From LCD Menu: Settings -> Maintenance-> Factory Reset
How can I factory reset the GWN AP?
Users can reset the GWN AP to factory default settings either from the web interface, or perform a hard reset directly from the unit. See instructions below.
Factory reset the GWN AP from the web interface:
Log in to the web interface of the GWN AP and go to System Settings → Maintenance, then scroll down and click “Reset”, then hard reset the GWN AP:
Insert a pin or paperclip into the reset hole on the back of the GWN AP, and press for 7 seconds before releasing.
Regardless of method, the GWN AP LEDs will blink red, then reboot to factory settings.
How can I hide my keypad on the main screen to show more call histories?
Users can tap on the Keypad icon to hide the keypad, and additional call history entries will appear. Users can then tap on the Keypad icon again to redisplay the keypad.
How can I hide the on screen keyboard after I finish the input on GXP2200?
When touching an input filed on GXP2200, the on screen keyboard will show up. Press the Back button (the rightmost button under the LCD) to hide the on screen keyboard.
How can I hide the on screen keyboard after I finish the input on GXV3240/GXV3275?
When touching an input filed on GXV3240/GXV3275, the on screen keyboard will show up. Press the Back button can hide the on screen keyboard.
How can I install Google Play?
To install Google Play on GXP2200, go to GS Market and download "Google Play". Once installed, open "Play Store" and following the instructions to set up the account for Google Play.
How can I know which firmware is loaded to a DP720 handset?
How can I know which firmware is loaded to the GVC3200/GVC3202?
Firmware version can be checked from Status Page either from Web interface or LCD menu using remote Control:
· From Web interface: Status-> System Info -> System Version
· From LCD menu: Settings > Status > System > System Version
How can I make direct IP call on GXP2130/GXP2140/GXP2160?
- When phone is at idle state, press any number key or * key to bring up “Onhook Dialing” screen; - Press round menu key or "DirectIP" soft key; - Input the target IP address; - Press "OK" soft key to dial.
How can I make direct IP call on GXP2200?
To make a direct IP call on GXP2200, please follow the steps below: 1. Off hook the phone or select account to bring up call screen on GXP2200; 2. You will see "Mode Select" on the call screen. Tap on it to select the mode as "IP Call"; 3. Input the 12-digit target IP address. For example, if the target IP address is 192.168.1.60 and the port number is 5062 (ie., 192.168.1.60:5062), input the following: 192*168*1*60#5062 The * key represents the dot (.) and the # key represents the colon (:). 4. Press "SEND" button or tap on call icon soft key to dial. Note: 1. The # will represent colon ":" in direct IP call rather than SEND key as in normal phone call; 2. If you have a SIP server configured, direct IP call still works. If you are using STUN, direct IP call will also use STUN; 3. Please configure the option "User Random Port" to "No" from GXP2200 web GUI when completing direct IP calls. By default, this option is set to Yes.
How can I manage paired GWN access points after establishing one GWN AP as the controller?
Users can pair and manage up to 50 different GWN APs (dependent per model) under one GWN AP controller by following the below steps:
- Power and connect the GWN APs that will be controlled to the same network as the GWN AP that will act as the controller.
- Log in to the web interface of the GWN AP Controller.
- Go to Access points.
- The GWN APs will be discovered automatically, showing their basic information such as firmware, device type, Name/MAC, and IP address
- Click on the Pair icon next to a discovered GWN AP
- The GWN AP will be paired and available to be added to a Network Group.
Note: Make sure that the discovered GWN APs are not already acting as a controller, or paired to another GWN AP acting as Controller, otherwise the pairing process will be unsuccessful.
How can I manage the network security on the UCM6100 series?
The UCM6100 series provides Firewall settings under web GUI->Settings->Firewall. Typical options such as "Ping Defense", "Syn-Flood Defense" and "Ping-or-Death Defense" can be configured under "Static Defense" page; Blacklist is supported to prevent massive TCP connections from malicious hosts under "Dynamic Defense" page. The UCM6100 also has a Fail2Ban defensive mechanism under web GUI->Settings->Firewall->Fail2Ban. For more security details, please refer to the UCM security that you can find in our resource library
How can I obtain DP750 base station IP address?
How can I obtain the DP715 base station IP address?
The users may obtain the DP715 Base station IP address, by accessing the IVR from any registered handset to the base station. In order to access the IVR use any Handset registered to the DP715 base station and dial *** this will get you into the IVR, dial 02 and the DP715 Base Station IP address will be prompted.