How to get the GVR355X RTSP video streaming from 3rd party RTSP Player?
Currently mixed stream can NOT be obtained from the GVR355X. However, user can get per channel/camera live stream via 3rd party RTSP Player like the open source VLC Media Player, also 3rd party re-development can be achieved from this. Because VLC is open source, this can be used in platforms like iOS, OS-X, Linux and Windows.
Here is the sample used in VLC Media Player. Please make sure to uncheck “RTP over RTSP(TCP)” in the “Input/Codecs” setting of VLC Preferences:
rtsp://GVR355X_IP_Address:RTSP_Port/monitor/Channel_Num+1st or 2ndstream_of_camera
A: Camera at Channel 5, Primary Stream:
B: Camera at Chanel 5, 2nd stream:
1) GVR355X IP Address: 192.168.10.143 (FQDN can be used here)
2) RTSP Port: 554 (default, could be other port number if configured)
3) Channel Number of Camera: 05 (channel number has two digits)
4) Primary/2nd stream: 0 or 1 (0: 1st stream; 1: 2nd stream)
How to get the instruction for many other setting on web UI?
Please refer to the link to download GAC2500 Administration Guide, or in web UI, click on the blue icon upper right to display tooltips. There is an instruction when you hover the pointer onto a setting.
How to import the vCard files to GXV3240/GXV3275?
1) Save the contact file/files to a USB drive or a SD card. If there are multiple contact files, please save them in a folder. 2) Connect the USB drive or the SD card to GXV32xx phone. 3) Tap the Contact app and select the Local Contacts. 4) Tap the menu key at the upper right corner and select the Import key. 5) Set the File type to vcard; and select the assigned file encoding method. 6) Select the path for the contact file or the contact folder. 7) Tap OK to import the contact to GXV32xx phone. (If it needs to import multiple files in a folder, please select “Import all vCard files” in the pop-up window)
How to recover my GXV3175?
In case you have to recover your GXV3175 because the phone is not booting correctly, there is a Recovery Mode method that you can do by following the next instructions:
1. Please download and unzip locally the firmware files. You can download them from our resource library for the GXV3175.
2. On the following step the phone must be unplugged from the power. Then attach the Ethernet cable to the NETWORK port of the phone and to the LAN port of your Computer. It is recommended to isolate both devices (GXV3175 & PC) on this network scenario.
3. Change the IP address of your computer to 192.168.1.233, as well as the subnet to 255.255.255.0.
4. While pressing and holding the HOME button, plug the power cable and wait until the phone boots to the Recovery Mode interface.
5. On your computer, Open a Browser and type the address shown on the phone (192.168.1.234). Type the default username and password.
6. Once you have access to recovery mode windows, upload and wait on still is done each of the file already downloaded and unzipped. Remember to do this one by one (Core, Base, Program, GUI-A,….)
7. After successfully upload each file, reboot the phone and restore all the settings on your computer. The phone should be restored as normal.
How to solve the third-party app keypad displays abnormally?
GAC2500 provides in-app keypad for Lnyc, Skype, Google Hangouts.
How to switch existing accounts?
There are 3 ways: Slide to right; Clickat the upper right corner of the Dial/Call History screen; Use the MENU button.
How to take a screenshot?
Please pull up the LCD from bottom then long press Application Manager soft key. The screenshot will be saved under the Internal Storage -> Pictures -> Screenshots. Please start FTP server in GAC2500 FTP app and login the server to download the pictures. Also please use OTG data cable to connect GAC2500 and USB to transfer the pictures.
How to use start provision without rebooting?
After provision server is configured, go to GXP2130/GXP2140/GXP2160 LCD Menu-> System -> Upgrade and select Start Provision to start provision immediately.
I am currently talking on the GXP2200 but the LCD doesn't show the call screen. How can I enter the call screen again?
During the call, users could press HOME button or Back button to have the GXP2200 display Home screen. To enter the call screen again, there are two different ways. 1. Slide down the GXP2200 top status bar and tap on the "Call status" to activate the call screen. 2. Go to GXP2200 main menu and tap on "Call" app. Select the corresponding talking line on the right hand side.
I am currently talking on the GXV3240/GXV3275 but the LCD doesn't show the call screen. How can I enter the call screen again?
During the call, users could press HOME button or Back button to have the GXV3240/GXV3275 display Home screen. To enter the call screen again, there are two different ways. 1. Slide down the GXV3240/GXV3275 top status bar and tap on the "Call status" to activate the call screen. 2. Go to GXV3240/GXV3275 main menu and tap on "Phone" app. Select the corresponding talking line on the right hand side.
I am unable to register a new DP710 Handset to the DP715 Base station?
Make sure that you haven’t reached the max allow handsets per Base station, access to the device web GUI and make sure from the status page that the DP715 base station has not reached the maximum of 5 allowed Handset.
I am unable to register a new DP720 handset to the DP750 base station?
I can hear the incoming call ringing but there is no audio when I pick up the handset. Why?
Please check the handset cord to see if it's correctly connected from the GXP2200 Handset port (not the Headset port) to the handset. Make sure there is no loose connection in either end. Re-connect the handset cord if necessary.
I can make outgoing calls but cannot receive incoming calls. Why?
This situation could occur if you have the Do-Not-Disturb (DND) or Call forward unconditionally setup on the GXV3140. Please follow the steps below to check if these features are enabled: (1) Check if the phone has DND enabled: On the LCD screen, check if the DND icon appears. (2) Check if the phone has Call forward enabled: On the LCD screen, check if the Call Forward icon appears. If account one has Call forward enabled, an icon will appear.
I can't find the downloaded/installed apps from "Downloads". Why?
The files such as PDF documents and pictures downloaded from GXP2200 browser will be stored in GXP2200's internal storage. To manage downloaded/installed apps, please go to Settings->Applications->Manage applications.
I cannot access the web interface, what could be the issue?
- Make sure that the GWN AP is powered on and connected correctly to the network.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the same network as the GWN AP, or to its SSID.
- Use the Discovery Tool to identify the IP address of the GWN AP.
- Make sure that GWN AP is not already paired with another controller, if it is paired with another controller, it can only be managed from the Controller’s Web GUI.
I cannot connect to some radio stations. Why?
Most likely the Internet radio cannot connect to some stations because the URL may be invalid or broken. This could also be caused by a network issue. Perhaps the network bandwidth is too small, causing a timeout in the radio application. Additionally, some network providers prohibit radio stations. Please check with your network administrator on this issue.
I cannot open the picture file. Why?
If the picture file is corrupted or if it is not saved correctly, the GXV3140 is not able to view the picture.
I cannot play a file in media player. Why?
This may occur as a result of another application using the sound resource on the GXV3140. If you are listening to online music or internet radio and a call comes in, the music will be stopped and the phone will ring. After the call ends, the music will resume. If you are listening to the Internet Radio, you cannot play media files.
I have enabled Bluetooth on GXP2200, but other Bluetooth devices cannot find GXP2200 in the scan list. Why?
The Bluetooth is enabled on the GXP2200 but it might not be discoverable. Please go to Settings->Networks->Bluetooth settings and check "Discoverable" option to turn it on.
I have enabled Bluetooth on GXV3240/GXV3275, but other Bluetooth devices cannot find GXV3240/GXV3275 in the scan list. Why?
The Bluetooth is enabled on the GXV3240/GXV3275 but it might not be discoverable. Please go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Bluetooth settings and make sure turn on the Bluetooth.
I wish to keep the IPVideotalk account but wants to move it to a different account. How do I achieve this?
The GXV3140 supports switching of account order. Under Accounts-> Account 1, press the up/down arrow until the right arrow on the page is selected, and press the OK button. At this point, the original account 1 will be switched to account 2. After the changes are made, press “Save” to save the settings for the changes to take place. Similar procedures would apply for all the other accounts.
If I just wish to leave a voice-mail instead of a video-mail, how can this I achieve this?
When using the GXV3140 to leave a message, by default the message will contain both video and audio. If you wish to leave a voicemail message, please follow the steps below: (1)Press the “Camera Off” softkey in the call screen during the call. (2)Slide the wheel for the camera at the back of the phone, until you see the white icon for “Camera Disabled”.
If multiple DIDs are bundled with only one sip truck account by service provider, how should I setup the gateway to route calls to different FXS port?
Grandstream GXW IP gateways support call routing based on SIP request URI user ID. This function can help to route calls to different FXS ports within one hunting group. Settings for incoming calls: 1. Fill the sip truck ID, password, and Name in one FXS port and register it. And then, active its Hunting Group in FXS Ports->Advanced Port Settings. 2. Assign the other FXS ports to the activated hunting group. Then, in Request URI Routing ID field, name them with the additional DIDs bundled in your sip truck. Settings for outgoing calls: after finishing the step 2 above, go to Profile X->Sip Settings->Basic Settings and set Use Request Routing ID In SIP Headers to Yes. Once done, gateway will look into the Request URI user ID in the incoming call’s INVITE and route the call to designated FXS Port with matching DID. Also, gateway will replace the From and Contact header in the INVITE for outgoing calls with configured Request URI Routing ID.
If my phone is not connected to the server, will my voicemail messages be lost?
All the voice/video mail messages are saved on the IPVideoTalk server. It does not matter if the phone is registered to the server or not, the other party will be able to leave a message for you on the IPVideoTalk server. After the phone registers successfully, you will receive the notification that there is a new message waiting and no messages will be lost.
Insufficient record time
ANS: Please make sure the HDDs with correct size to store the video recording.
Is a client-to-client option required on the server side for 2 phones to talk to each other if they both use OpenVPN?
This depends on the network/server configuration.
Is call recording supported? Does this require an add-on device?
If the server or PBX supports call recording, we can support it. The GXP Series does not require additional add-on devices to support this feature. Call recording is supported by all models if the PBX or server supports it.
Is compression supported?
Is Grandstream Wave available on Apple iOS (for iPhone/iPad)?
Yes, Grandstream is available both on Android and IOS devices.