Can I back up my UCM6300 series to GDMS if it’s connected via RemoteConnect?
Yes. Currently, UCM6300 series can back up configuration, voice prompt files, and Zero Config files to GDMS.
Can I use the GDMS-generated custom server address for endpoint and trunk registration?
1. For endpoints:
- SIP server address: GDMS-generated address
- SIP server port: Pubic TLS Port value in the Value-added Features->UCM RemoteConnect->Plan page.
- SIP transport: TLS
- NAT traversal: STUN
- STUN server: nat-a.gdms.cloud
- Reboot the endpoint
2. For UCM VoIP trunks:
- Type: Peer SIP Trunk
- Host Name: GDMS-generated address + Public TLS Port value in the Value-added Features->UCM RemoteConnect->Plan page.
- From Domain: UCM Public Address found in the Value-added Features->UCM RemoteConnect->Plan page of the peer UCM.
- Transport: TLS
- Enable Heartbeat Detection: Enabled
- ICE Support: Enabled
GDMS no longer detects the UCM6300 series as online after a period of time. How can I fix this?
Please check your firewall to make sure ports 3478 and 6514 are open. GDMS communicates to UCM6300 series through these ports.
How do I set up the UCM6300 series system for the UCM RemoteConnect service, and do I need to pay for it?
To set up your UCM6300 series system for the UCM RemoteConnect cloud service,
1. Go to https://gdms.cloud and log into your account.
2. Make sure that you have selected the Organization you want the UCM to be under.
3. Navigate to Device->PBX Device page and click on the Add Device button. If you have multiple UCM6300s to add to GDMS, you can also import an .xls/xlsx file with the appropriate format.
4. Enter the UCM6300’s MAC address, serial number, and its site.
5. The UCM6300 should appear online in the PBX Device page after a few seconds.
The UCM Remote Connect cloud service is in Open Beta Free Trial until July 2021. Thus, there is no need to pay for this service during this Free Trial period. Official subscription plans will be published after the Open Beta period ends in July 2021.
The UCM6300 series PBX never appeared online after adding it in GDMS. What should I do?
Please check your UCM6300 series System Settings->TR-069 page and see if Enable TR-069 is toggled on and whetherhttps://acs.gdms.cloud is configured in the ACS URL field.
What is the Remote Users Number statistics in the Dashboard page?
This is the number of currently ongoing calls made by RemoteConnect users.
What is UCM RemoteConnect?
RemoteConnect is a cloud service that allows administrators to remotely and securely access and manage their UCMs without needing elaborate firewall configurations. Additionally, it will offer end-users the ability to remotely access their UCM extensions to conduct voice/video calls or video conference/collaborations using their Web browsers (Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome), mobile devices (iOS/Android), or other Grandstream endpoint devices (such as IP phones, video phones, etc) without worrying about NAT firewall traversal. UCM RemoteConnect is part of GDMS (Grandstream Device Management System) which runs on Amazon AWS with 99.999% reliability and virtually unlimited scalability.
Will disabled SIP accounts on the UCM6300 series be synced to GDMS?
No. However, if the disabled extension was synced to GDMS previously, it will still remain in GDMS even after it is disabled on the UCM. Further changes to the extension will not be synced to the corresponding account on GDMS.