Grandstream Expands Into WiFi Market with New Managed WiFi Access Point
GWN7610 WiFi AP offers embedded controller for network management, 3x3:3 MIMO & 1.75Gbps wireless throughput, outstanding coverage range and innovative security protection
Boston, MA, USA (November 16, 2016) – Grandstream Networks, Inc., connecting the world with award-winning SIP unified communication solutions since 2002, has announced their expansion into the WiFi industry with the introduction of the GWN7610 managed WiFi Access Point. This high-powered 802.11ac Enterprise WiFi AP is the first model to be released in the new GWN series, which will soon be expanded to include additional access points and routers.
The GWN7610 works with all routers/switches and offers a number of significant competitive edges including tremendous network throughput, outstanding wireless coverage range, market-leading security features, and embedded network management capabilities without external controllers or single point of failure.
Ideal for office buildings, multiple floor locations, branch offices and commercial/retail settings, the GWN7610 offers a high-end set of features and performance, including:
- Dual-band 3x3:3 MIMO technology and a sophisticated antenna design for maximum network throughput of up to 1.75Gbps and expanded coverage range of up to 175 meters
- Dual Gigabit ports with support for PoE/PoE+, USB port for future applications such as location based service and other IoT (Internet of Things) applications
- User friendly embedded provisioning controller (via Web interface) for auto discovery, auto-provisioning and distributed management of up to 50 WiFi APs in a network without requiring external controller hardware/software and without the risk of a single point of failure
- Market leading security features that are not available on most 3rd party WiFi APs, including unique security certificate per device using SHA256 encryption, strong random default passwords per device, anti-hacking secure boot and critical data/control lockdown via digital signatures
- Advanced QoS to ensure real-time performance of low-latency applications
- Efficient power saving through self power adaptation upon auto detection of PoE or PoE+ network
- Support for up to 16 SSIDs per radio and up to 250+ concurrent WiFi clients
“The expansion into the WiFi marketplace is a strategic move for Grandstream and great news for our partners and customers,” said David Li, CEO of Grandstream. “As access to WiFi network becomes ubiquitous throughout much of the world, there is a major opportunity for easy-to-manage WiFi devices that offer high-end features & performance without high-end price, and that is exactly what we have designed with the GWN7610. This innovative WiFi access point offers larger coverage range, stronger security protection and much easier & more robust network management capabilities than most competing WiFi APs in the market. We are very excited to enter the WiFi market with the GWN7610 and the additional access points and routers in our pipeline. These innovative products from Grandstream will allow our channel partners to offer their customers highly competitive communication solutions with significant differentiated values in the burgeoning WiFi marketplace.”
Learn more at an Upcoming Webinar
Grandstream has multiple upcoming webinars planned to introduce the GWN7610, compare it to other popular WiFi APs and show how easy it is to setup and manage entire networks of GWN7610s. See the list below or visit the Grandstream Training Center.
- GWN7610 Product Overview and Training Webinar – November 22, 10am EST – Sign up here
- GWN7610 Competitive Analysis Webinar – December 6, 2pm EST – Sign up here
- GWN7610 Competitive Analysis Webinar – December 8, 9:30am EST – Sign up here
Click here to visit the product page for the GWN7610, which includes product datasheets, link to technical resources, how-to-guides, firmware and more.
Pricing and Availability
The GWN7610 has been sampling since July 2016 and will be generally available for volume purchase in November 2016 through Grandstream’s worldwide distribution channels at a list price of $129 USD.
Grandstream Networks, Inc. has been connecting the world since 2002 with SIP Unified Communications products and solutions that allow businesses to be more productive than ever before. Our award-winning solutions serve the small and medium business and enterprises markets and have been recognized throughout the world for their quality, reliability and innovation. Grandstream solutions lower communication costs, increase security protection and enhance productivity. Their open standard SIP-based products offer broad interoperability throughout the industry, along with unrivaled features and flexibility.
Grandstream was recently named the 2016 Global Enterprise IP Endpoint Company of the Year by world-renowned market research firm, Frost & Sullivan. Click here to learn more.